We need your help to stop the Christie Administration’s attempts to privatize the state lottery. The bids for the private company close on November 15th, 2012. Unless there is a strong political response and pushback, the contract will be awarded to a company that doesn’t have New Jersey’s best interests at heart.
We need you to ACT NOW! Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Sign the petition to stand up to Christie’s big gamble and say no to lottery privatization. Click here to sign our petition.
- Call Governor Christie’s office at (609) 292-6000. Give your name, explain where your business is, and say that your business will be in danger if Lottery is privatized.
(They may tell you that it is not being privatized, but rather they are contracting out management. This is nonsense. It’s the same thing. And let them know you’re against it.)
- Call both your Assembly members and your State Senator and ask them to intervene to stop the privatization of the State Lottery. Click here to find your legislator.
- If you’re a small business owner, ask your patrons to sign the petition. Click here to download a petition to print out.
- Call any Trade or Professional Association you are involved with and ask them to oppose the privatization of New Jersey Lottery.